Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Please pray for him...

Right after midnight and after I put down the phone with laogong, probably around 12.10am this morning, I heard a loud screeching and then... BANG! Having lived in this house for 20+ years, I always cringe whenever I hear loud screeching because most of the time, it ends up as an accident. However, this time was slightly different. Usually the accidents that occur here is at the t-junction. This time, it was about 50m before the junction. The whole car was up on the centre divider or kerb, whichever you call it. The left side of the car was badly dented by the tree. Within minutes, passerbys and concerned neighbours (or busybodies) gathered by the road side and some tried to help the driver out. After about 10 minutes, the ambulance came. The driver was unfortunately still stuck. A few seconds later, SCDF personel came too. Out came the saw. Heard the grinding from my window. Took them quite some time to take the driver out. Finally, after about 20 minutes, they managed to rescue him. Traffic police came and escorted the ambulance to the hospital and another stayed behind to analyze the site.

In my opinion, it should be rather serious because if traffic police needed to escort the ambulance, means it should be rather bad. Plus, he was trapped for quite some time, wonder what injuries he sustained. Throughout the whole process, I was by my window watching everything. Felt so sad and worried for the driver. I wanted to go downstairs for a better view but no one at home wanted to accompany me. My dad said he had to put his dentures before he will go down and found it too troublesome so he said he didn't want. My brother was angry with my dad over some disagreement on calling the ambulance and the road name of where the accident occurred, and was too pissed to go down with me. My brother over reacted and was rather rude to my dad. I nearly wanted to slap him myself. Since it was so late, how would I dare to go downstairs by myself?

Based on the analysis as discussed by my dad and I, we figured that the driver was probably drunk and speeding. Drunk because we presumed he had judgement error. Why judgement error? Well because based on the direction of the car on the kerb, he probably wanted to do a right turn. However, he must have turned too early due to misjudgement. The only way the whole car can get up the kerb must have been because he was speeding. Even with him jamming the breaks, the speed was enough to get the car up the kerb. On the other hand, he could be fallen asleep while driving. But what's the probability?

Some may this, if this is the case, the guy doesn't deserve any sympathy. To me, it is still a life. Whether he is wrong a not, I believe he'll learn from this incident. Maybe my dad's and my speculation could be wrong too. I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't drink driving and continue to pray for him and wish him well.

After the scene finally cleared, I wanted to go to bed, but I was so worried and I started shaking. Don't know why. So I stayed online and talked to Lydia. It's been a long time since we really chatted and I felt happy to chat with her again. I remember the times during our secondary school days where we really had heart to heart talks. After finally having a good chat with her, I went to bed. Didn't take too long to sleep this time.

The rest of the day just zoomed pass. Doing housework, watching tv, reading book, attempted playing theme hospital. Normal stuff. Suddenly I felt that doing housework is quite fun. Maybe I should help out in washing the toilet next. Hmm.

Am currently crazy over the song by 曹格 - 世界唯一的你. Lyrics below.

是你
第一眼我就认出来
这是命运最美的安排
是我
让你过长的等待
我们只要现在深爱
幸福就来
恨我来不及参于你的过去
抱歉让你等待
我愿意付出一切交换
我灵魂的另一半
这个世界唯一的你
是我拥有的奇迹对
我说的一字一句
都是我们的秘密
紧紧拥抱唯一的你
无可救药的坚定
就是世界与我为敌
我也愿意
我什么都愿意
过去所有的悲哀
都只是寻觅我唯一
勇敢真爱
照亮了漆黑的夜晚
寻找了一次一辈子
再不分开
恨我来不及参于你的过去
抱歉让你等待
我愿意付出一切交换
我灵魂的另一半
呜...耶....
是一个奇迹对
我说的一字一句
都是我们的秘密
紧紧拥抱唯一的你
无可救药的坚定
就是世界与我为敌
我也愿意
我什么都愿意
....呜...哦...
我愿意付出一切交换
我灵魂的另一半
ho ...哦...
就算让我伤尽天理
我什么都愿意为你
紧紧拥抱唯一的你
无可救药的坚定
就是世界与我为敌
我也愿意
我什么都愿意

Now I feel like going KTV again. Anyone?

2 comments:

Gillian said...

i am in for ktv... organising one next monday. interested? can you help me find a song by the title ke3 xi1 bu4 shi4 ni3? i want the lyrics but am totally clueless as to how to get it. and i duno who the singer is too, only know that she is a female...

Marie Yap said...

hmm next monday driving test.. =p then should be spending my day with hubby.. dun think can make it.. once i find the lyrics for u.. will email u the link