Monday, May 15, 2006

Dim Sum Buffet & Book Review

Yum yum yum. What else can I say? Dim Sum. Though not as good as HongKong's but good enough here. Lunch was terrific. And as commented by Gillian in the previous post, I forgot to attach the clasp to Chris' bracelet. So now her bracelet is back with me, again, and I'll attach the clasp for her. Haha. So blur, must have eaten too many sotongs in my life. It was so comical today. No one brought a camera. Well, for one, I was too lazy to bring mine because I carried a small pouch, which doesn't have much space for me to squeeze another solid in. Secondly, I thought Chris and Gillian will bring. To our amazement, we thought each other would bring it too. Plan backfired. No one brought. Haha.

Did quite a bit of housework today, maybe because I'm feeling guilty from eating too many buffets within a week. Need to exercise it off. Can't afford to put on weight. I want to wear sexy clothes out. Wear mini skirts. Determination's what I need. Argh.

Am so sleepy. I think I am too used to sleeping really late last few nights, that now I can't sleep till 2/3am and I keep tossing and turning in bed. About the storybook that I have read, Slightly Settled, here's the review.

Wendy Markham - Slightly Settled
Written in a very informal way. Not the normal kind of romance novels structure that you read. This story is written in kinda like a diary formal. Every thought is being penned down. Certain thoughts are rather comical and reading this book is very light hearted. Tracey, used to be fat and was in love with Will. Forunately or unforunately, Will broke her heart, and she turned to her shrink who gave her what she calls "happy pills" and helped her lose weight too. She starts wearing sexy clothes and a red sexy dress to the office party. She meets her boss' roommate, Jack and ends up sleeping with him and falling in love with him. Her best friend, whom she thought she loved started to woo her too. Ultimately, she ends up with Jack. Her sidekick friends display a very realistic world out there. The cynics, the busybodies, and the homosexual. I'll rate this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. Grab it while you can!

No comments: