What's your stand?
Laogong's sis called me just now asking whether I was going down to the tuition centre she works in to interview for a part time tutor. I can't decide.
Why I want?
- Interest and passion. Gets me extra training so that I can apply them in schools. And of course, just for the love of it.
- Money. While I am still young, earn more, save more so that in future, I can get a house, get married and support my parents and family.
- Make myself busy. Well, to certain extend, I guess I am one person who can't stand boredom. I must have something to do. But this will only be applicable during my holidays from NIE and pre-projects period.
Why I am hesitating?
- Time. It will not be wise for me to take it up now and then kill myself during project and exam periods. I believe that a teacher should not as and when take off and disrupt the students' learning.
What should I do? I want it yet I'm worried.
2 comments:
You have to think through carefully. I was very tempted to take more when I was more free. Then I have to think about the clashing of exam periods between my own schedule and those of my students. We cannot shortchange them or we are no longer good tutors or teachers. Remember the guy whom we always talked about. He is one classic example of an irresponsible tutor/teacher. Plan your time in advance and see how. Never, or try not to gain benefits at the cost of inconvenience to the others.
yup that's precisely what i am thinking of.. that's why i'm holding back.. u know how stressful we can get during projs.. anyway i turned it down already..hehe.. thanks for your opinion
Post a Comment