My First Lesson!
The first lesson that I have taught. English. Primary 5. Comprehension. How's the feeling? Awesome. Am looking forward to teaching more. Although this class may be a tail-end class, they never failed to make me laugh, smile and play along with them. They were responsive to the questions I asked and everyone gave their input. I'm happy to see that they were ready to open up to me. They could understand the text and the question. But grammar is their killer. Given the chance, I would want to work on their grammar. This class has lots of potential to excel if they can grasp the concept of grammar. My CT wasn't around to supervise this lesson and I was left to myself. I feedback to her what I felt, and she was happy that I did well (though she didn't observe the lesson) because she said that a lesson is good, as long as the teacher and the students all feel happy at the end of it.
Well, this is only the beginning and I hope this passion will continue burning. I must thank those NIE Student Teachers with me for giving me input too. The group of 5 of us are all closely knitted. I guess I am lucky as all of us can get along, very well. I have heard of student teachers in other schools who hardly talk to each other. Time must pass by very slowly for them. Over here, time passes by so fast, I can hardly believe that the week is over.
Next Monday's Youth Day. School Holiday. Yippie. I can sleep till late. And I have no work this weekend too. Won't be meeting laogong as we both are broke. Haha. But we will be playing our game this weekend. A lot.
It's time to start lesson planning next week. I need to get my creative juices flowing.
No comments:
Post a Comment