First Day of School
First day of school. First day of practicum. Interesting and eye-opener. And definitely lots of knowledge to be learnt and experience to be gained. My CTs (Cooperating Tutors) are nice. Throughout the whole morning, I was following Belle (CT 1). This morning she and Mrs Chong did a swap with their form class. Belle walked into Mrs Chong's class and vice versa. The students were definitely in for a shock. Well, not only the students, but Belle too. The class was so quiet that hardly anyone participated. Belle couldn't take it. Later they swapped back their class. Belle felt happier and more at ease with her own class. They were more participative.
It's hard to describe the feeling when students bow to greet you. "Good morning, teacher" or "Good morning, Ms Yap". But it feels good when students respect and recognize you as a teacher. Having Maths tomorrow with CT 2, Sharon. Sharon's more strict with me but I don't mind because I know that she will supervise me well. Looking forward to a more open working relationship with her.
Belle is going away this coming Wednesday till next wednesday and has requested that I take over her Pri 5 English class using her lesson plan. Hmmm. Part of me is interested and keen to take that up. Yet I'm worried that I may not do as well. She will be discussing with me her lesson plan tomorrow to get feedback from me as to whether I can comfortable to teach. I guess I am willing to try it out. Hope it works out well. Both my CTs are definitely putting me to work soon. Got to stay back for the afternoon session too to see the Pri 1 and 2 in the SEED program. Long day ahead tomorrow, but the concept seems very interactive. Wonder how they use it.
Surprisingly, I am not very tired. I am very awake now and feel that my body is in momentum already. After school today, we went for lunch at Sakae Sushi, ala carte. Paid about $10 and had teriyaki chicken don and a plate of sushi. Wow the teriyaki chicken is good. Westmall Sakae Sushi has a nice ambience and we managed to get the sofa seating today! Yippie!
Alright, am gonna play my game now. Once work load gets into full swing, my play time will have to take a big cut so play now while I still can!
No comments:
Post a Comment