Wednesday, January 03, 2007

School Reopens

It's the emergence of school-uniform clad kids again! And it was a very interesting sight. Mini-skirts, tucked out shirts, funky hairstyles and dyed hair! What is the future of schools going to be like, I really can't imagine. Rising trend among the secondary school kids. Twinniex, I hope your kids are not like that. Since your form class is a Sec 1, I don't think you'll have much problems in terms of disciplinary... yet. I hope my primary school kids are easier to handle.

I'm so bored and I am dying to start school, or rather, start working. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, teachers who are working now are all telling me, enjoy your holidays! True also, but teaching is my passion. I can't wait to start. Looking forward to my practicum, and hopefully with the same group of friends who were there previously too. Practicum is from 26th Feb to 11th May and the school which we will be posted to is not out yet. Faster release the dates! As one of my friends said, NIE is slow. How true. Guess what. Even our time table is not out yet. It will only be out tomorrow. Hope my timetable is good. If I am not wrong, by looking at the master timetable, thursday I won't have school and my days are relatively short. Latest I'll end is 3.30pm and it is only once a week that I ended that time. Hope I'll be in the same class with Sul, Chris or Gillian too. Most likely, I guess.

So anyway, yesterday's dinner, we ended up having steamboat with the porridge base at Tan Quee Lan Street. 5 of us altogether, laogong, brother, twinniex, gilbert and I, and a surcharge of $2 per head because it was the new year, making the price $16.80 per head. I don't know what is it about my luck with steamboat but everytime when we have that, somehow or rather, I will always be seated to where the direction the steam is blowing to. Grrrr! And there was this very cute looking fishcake which unfortunately ended up in my stomach.
DSC00179

No comments: