Easter Vigil Mass
Shall try to write today's blog with proper sentence structure. Hehe. Easter. A New Beginning.
We (My family, Zhee Kor and I) went for the Easter Vigil Mass today. It lasted 3 and a half hours. It started at 7.30pm, with a simple procession of the light with the Easter candle. Then everyone went into church. There were a total of 9 readings and 8 psalms today, instead of the normal 2 readings and 1 psalm. After the readings, baptism. 61 newly baptised catholics! Before finally moving on to the holy eucharist. So you can imagine how long the mass was. Though long, it was rather meaningful. The atmosphere, when the lights are all off, and everyone lights a candle. It simply brings goosebumps to me. The church decor was also very magnificient. White lilies and other kinds of flower. White banners. White curtains. Even the priests and altar servers vestments were all white! Peace. Serene. Joy. Easter!
During the long mass, Zhee Kor started feeling so cold. My brother and I had to warm her up. Poor thing. She didn't eat lunch and dinner, and that's why she was feeling so weak and cold. After mass, dad say to go Lavender for supper cum dinner, because by the time mass ended it was already 11.30pm. Dad's driving is getting really scary. In order to feel at ease in the car, close your eyes and let him drive. Don't look. Your life will be shorten by 5 years. I do hope I pass my driving the next time. At least I know, I'll drive safely.
So anyway, dad missed a turn and we ended up in Geylang. Geylang's crowded today. The D24 durians look so yummy. Feel like eating. Zhee Kor was so hungry that she kept talking about eating turtle soup, frog leg porridge, teochew porridge, this and that. Finally, we reached Lavender. Ate a lot! I had beef noodles. Nice. Zhee Kor had beef noodles too. She also ordered carrot cake with extra egg and 10 pieces of BBQ chicken wings! Dad ordered extra big fish cakes also. Imagine how crowded our table was. Felt like we have not eaten in ages.
Dad was rather "comical" today. We asked dad where was ah gong's birthday held. He said at a restaurant at Depot Road. So here's the conversation:
Mum: Where is depot road?
Dad: NTUC there.
Mum: Which NTUC?
Dad: Depot road.
Everyone just broke into laughter. My dad can be so comical at times.
Reached home at about 1.30am. Can't sleep yet because I ate a lot and it isn't good to sleep on a full stomach. Put on weight. Well, going to talk to laogong soon. Miss laogong so much! Going to get a new CPU tomorrow. Yeah!
Just an update on my work today: Angry with the usual students. Grr. Should I not teach piano anymore? My weekends are always burnt. But if I give it up, where am I going to get money from? Sheesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment