Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Sunday

Laogong and I went Sim Lim today to get me a new CPU. Coincidentally, laogong's harddisk died on him this morning. This new CPU costs me $625, after much bargaining. Seems reasonable, though I don't really know the specs, but since laogong says its ok, it ok.

Came home and tried to transfer the hard disk from my old CPU into the new one. Also transferred one of my CD-reader and floppy drive. Couldn't get it to start running. After much testing and configuration, laogong finally deduced that my hard disk is too old and is probably not compatible with my new CPU. Sob. So right now, I am on my old CPU again, with 2 big holes in the centre, because one of my CD reader and floppy has been removed and attached to the new CPU, which laogong will come down next week to help me set it up. Backing up my files at the moment. Take a look at how my CPU looks now. You can even see the parts in my CPU through the hole.
IMG_0197

Quite tired today. Guess it is because I slept really late last night and had to wake up early today to go work. Luckily, my students today weren't too bad. So I didn't have to raise my voice at them or maybe I couldn't be bothered to. Just too tired. Haha.

Bought a new dress today too. Laogong paid for it. $18.50. I think it's nicer than the pink one I bought the other day. Mum says it looks more like a nightie. Ok I am really pissed now. Retyped this paragraph 3 times and 3 times after uploading the picture, my paragraph is gone. As I was saying, I bought it at Bencoolen Shopping Centre, near the Guan Yin Temple, at Shi Ma Lu. Guess the time it took me. Less than 5 minutes. Laogong went to the temple, I walked around there and then it caught my eye. Waited for laogong, tried it on, he say ok, then he paid and bought it. Love this dress! Love laogong too. *Muack Laogong* Thank you. Well, he was amazed at my speed of shopping and at such an "auntie place". He told me "你在这种地方也找得到衣服". I am taking it as a compliment. That's why when people ask me where do I buy my clothes, I say anywhere. That's how shopping should be. It's an eye opener everytime. It's ok to patronize a shop or two, but look at others too. Go for a change of style, design. When buying clothes, try on, make sure that they fit nicely, you like it, it is easy to mix and match, and the most important, reasonable pricing. That's for me. If you feel that a certain clothing won't fit, and you are hesitant (not because of the price), don't buy. Most likely, you won't wear it often and you won't feel comfortable in them. That's my concept anyway.

IMG_0196

Lunch was at HotPot Cafe or eatery, whichever you call it. We had dried chilli frog legs, northen tom yam soup and hotplate toufu seafood. Really nice. I like the food in that place. Was really full after eating. The walk at Sim Lim helped burn off the food. Practically walked till my feet ache, especially since my ankle has not fully recovered.

The weather is so unpredictable these few days. Tempermental. Rains without warning. Got to remember to carry an umbrella out these few days.

Anyway, to all christians and catholics out there, Wishing you a Happy and Blessed Easter!

No comments: