Teaching Practice: Day 1
It's the first day of practicum. We survived. All 6 of us and on the first day, we were already called up to do relieve! I can't believe it. Can't they just let us off? Although we have free periods, it doesn't mean we've got nothing to do. Grr.
Now it feels really different, in such that I plan my own scheme of work and not wait for my CT to tell me which day to do which portion of the chapter. I am in charging of my own planning. I just have to let her see my weekly lesson plan for her approval I guess. My main CT's great, she's guiding me along quite well.
I've decided to nickname Ridhwan the laughing hyena, because he was feeling so hyper today, for God knows what reason and kept laughing and irritating all of us. He has a sugar daddy, Alan, who unwittingly became his victim. And there's Adrian whom Ridhwan can't stop teasing. Of course there are 2 angels, me and Ting Yue (ok, I know I very thick skin =p) and one soccer maniac, Wesley. It's a cool bunch. We're taken out from the staff resource and back into our tiny cubicle, using canteen tables as our desk!
Today, my colleagues asked a very valid question. Why do they complain they they do not have enough teachers when they also do not have enough space to house the teachers? Doesn't make sense to us. Furthermore, they are aiming for AQ (above quota) teachers to students ratio. Heard a few politic stories in my school. Finally saw it happening this morning. All I can say to myself is, welcome to reality!
Was so bored and didn't have any mood to do my work, and so I decided to play Theme Hospital, with the most difficult level. Lost at level 4, after one hour plus. Grr. Oh well, it took my mind off work and now, I think I'm going to sleep. Gotta get used to waking up at 5.30am!
No comments:
Post a Comment