Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chill out

Assignments are all handed in finally! It's a relieve. Went out to celebrate the end (kinda) of NIE life and a new big step into being a teacher now. After handing in the assignments, went to vivocity with Sul to catch a movie. Just before the show, laogong smsed me that he was in vivocity too! Ended up having lunch with Sul, laogong and Keith at Long John Silver. It's my first movie since June last year. I've been talking about wanting to watch this show and that show but I never get to. Wanted to watch Norbit but since Sul already watched it, I decided to watch Just Follow Law at the GVmax theatre just for the sake of experiencing the theatre. And my verdict is, the theatre is good, but I rate the show 3 out of 5. For rememberance sake, here's the ticket.
just follow law

After the show, we walked around vivo for a while before I went to laogong's workplace to meet him. We went to Holland Village thereafter to go to Eski Bar. My brother met us there. Spent $114 there. Ordered garlic bread, potato wedges, sex on the beach, sleeping polar bear, screwdriver and a jack daniels jug among the three of us. I love this bar! Ok, I just found out the difference between bar, pub, disco, club.

Eski bar at Holland V. has two types of seating. One in just a normal air-conditioned climate and another at a freezing temperature! After we ate, we went to the freezing room. It was so cold that we needed those winter jacket and we were still shivering! Why I like the place is because, there's no smoking and it's unique! I love the coldness (though it was a little too cold that my toes were frozen). On the higher end in terms of pricing, but if the cost is shared among all, then it's quite alright.

Since that place is so unique, how can I not take photos?
Laogong and I
DSC00884

My brother couldn't stand this picture. Said that it was so japanese. Hmmm, is it? Oh well, it's just me at the bar. Brrrr, cold.
DSC00886

I had fun and wouldn't mind going back there again. In a few weeks time. I don't like the alcohol though, its just the nice chill out environment with friends.

Fun aside, it's time for some serious matter. Practicum!

We had the briefing yesterday and there will be 6 of us. 4 of us as before and 2 more new PGDE trainees. This time all of us are only given Primary 3 and 4 classes. My CT was my primary 3 and 4 teachers and I still have some of the things she made and gave me as a reward (positive reinforcement). It feels really good and I am looking forward to working with her. She is my favourite teacher and it was because of her I wanted to teach. As for the 2nd CT, well, can't say much, just gotta get to know her more. We'll be housed at the staff resource room. Good and bad. We won't be able to interact with the teachers but yet we have our space. My timetable's not out yet, probably on monday or tuesday before details are confirmed.

That's all for now. After effects of alcohol, making me sleepy.

No comments: