Sunday, October 08, 2006

Action packed!

It's been an action packed day and surprisingly, I feel refreshed! Lucky thing there's no haze today too.

Work was cute today because of my colleage May Wan. She smsed me yesterday to wear either a black or white pants or skirt today as she bought a t-shirt for me. So this was what happened this morning. Auntie (boss's mother) was there earliest to open the studio. I noticed her t-shirt and thought that it was rather cute. It's from giordano, the disney series. But I didn't say anything. A while later, auntie gave me a giordano plastic bag, saying that this t-shirt is from May Wan. I took the t-shirt out and it was the same t-shirt as auntie was wearing. She said May Wan is so crazy over that t-shirt, she insisted that we all have to wear the same t-shirt today. So I went to change and luckily, the shirt fits. A while later, my boss aka my teacher, came in, wearing that t-shirt too! Haha, it was so cute! 3 big buffalos in disney t-shirt. At 11am, May Wan came in, in that t-shirt too. So now we had 4 big buffalos. The kids were all laughing but it was fun. May Wan, I think age 40+ can be so cute at time. Apparently, she saw my boss and auntie wearing a similar t-shirt of the disney series on Tuesday and was so crazy over that idea that she hunted for the t-shirt at so many giordano outlets but couldn't find it. Finally, my boss and auntie had to bring May Wan to IMM to get it. $6 only. So May Wan suggested to get for me too and wear it all today. She said, we should do this more often. Haha, I wonder what other t-shirts they are going to get. Hmm. But at least, it goes to show that my working relationship with my colleagues are good that they are starting to treat me as one of them.

My boss gave me this ugly looking thing today. She said that is eaten during this period of time. I tried one. Tastes a little like roasted chestnut (gao-lak). Interesting. Can't remember the name, but I think when translated, it means cow horns. Resembles.

DSC00043

After work, laogong and I went to SPGG for gym workout. 35 minutes on the cycling machine, and 35 minutes on the treadmill but at walking pace. Wow. And guess what, according to the machine, the calories burnt in total, is not even equivalent to the amount of calories in an egg. Nevertheless, there is the satisfaction there. Muscles are a little aching but it's worth it. I feel fresh and very awake. Guess my next gym session will be on Friday. Or maybe I may go down myself on Thursday or maybe even Tuesday!

Went to soak myself in the jacuzzi after that. Didn't stay too long because I was by myself (male and female have seperate jacuzzi because it is in the shower area). The guild house is supposed to offer exclusive rites to members. But, there was this party going on and the shower room, which has the jacuzzi inside, was so noisy! Nevermind about that, kids were jumping in and out of the water when the sign says in huge bold prints "CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 15 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE JACUZZI, SAUNA AND STEAM ROOM". What the hell are those mothers doing? Ok, this aside. So many kids and they were taking their own sweet time to shower. Grr I had to wait so long for the shower. Felt so much like complaining to the staff to shoo them off. It's not that guests of members cannot use. They can and I understand because I bring my friends too. But please follow the house rules and think of other people. Idiots!

Ok, so after the bath, I still had energy left. We went to play bowling. Each game costs just $2.50, so why not? We played 2 games each. I won the first, but during the 2nd game, I started to feel the strain in my arm already and so played horribly. It was still fun, nonetheless. Went to clementi for japanese food for dinner and a walk at Big Bookshop before heading home.

Fruitful day.

No comments: