Updates on Mummy's Condition..
9.30am
Dad called. He say that the breathing tube has been removed. He went into mummy's ICU room and talked to her. Her period came, what a timing! Luckily the nurses are taking care of it well and keeping up with good hygiene is number one to them. Mum also complained of throat pain and chest pain, the part that was operated.
7.30pm.
I am so happy to see mummy. I just wanted to go up to her and hug. Unfortunately, I can't do that. The nurse allowed daddy and I to enter her room. We had to wash our hands first. Talked to mummy, told her about school today and she laughed a little. When I went close to her, my heart really ached so bad. So many injections and tubes attached to her. Her neck, arm, chest. It's definitely not a pleasant sight. Mum was in a sitting position and her eyes kept closing. She's feeling very weak. Dad said they made mum sleepy so that she will sleep and not think of the pain. They had doubled her morphine dosage and yet she is still in pain. Sigh. According to mum, the physiotherapist came earlier on to help her in some breathing exercises. Mum also ate dinner. They fed her porridge and some watermelon. That's good. She told me time passes by really slow. It's a torture. Had to stop myself from crying again. I hope mum can be transferred out of ICU soon.
So many relatives came, and mum wasn't really happy about it as she wouldn't want them to see her like this. They don't understand what it means to come after she's out of ICU. For the closer relatives, we are ok with them coming. But those who are not that close, seriously, what is the point of coming down? We also don't let them in. Daddy and I only allowed them to see from outside.
Mummy's condition aside, my day went quite ok. I had a debriefing about yesterday's lesson with Sharon. It was agreed that my classroom management skills in that class, sucks. But she agrees that my passion is there. Both Belle and her think that I am suited for this line.
I told my P3 and P5 students that this Friday is going to be my last day there. The P3s were not too attached to me and so it didn't make much difference to them. Anyway, they've had many NIE teachers attached to their class before. My P5s were the ones who really touched my heart. They reacted really strongly and voiced out that they didn't want me to go. They shouted "not fair!". I told them I have to continue my training. They said they will tell Belle to write in to tell them not to ask me to go. After lesson, a group of them, with students from another P5 class surround me as I was about to go home. They asked if I really had to go and they understood in the end that I am here for training. I may or may not get posted back. They were very relunctant to say goodbye. The thing is, the other students from another class, I have not taught them before and even they didn't want me to go. Wow. They finally said that they feel that I am pretty and really hope that I really come back again. I hope too. I'll miss them.
No comments:
Post a Comment