Monday, July 03, 2006

Discipline

Boy must I say that I am proud of myself today. I managed to pull myself up to go for the medical review at Raffles Hospital. Wow. Well, I planned on taking the bus. I waited a good whole 25 minutes for it and when it came, the bus was so packed, no one at my bus stop could board the bus. Pissed, I took a cab down. The cab driver was so nice. I had a $50 and a $10 note in my wallet. The cab fare was $11.30. I took out the $50 note but he had no change. He said $10 was fine and took it. No complaints.

I was put on the priority list at Raffles Hospital. It was fast. Within 15 minutes I was out of the place and then I went back. Review again in 1 year time. On my way home, I stopped by the clinic near my block to make an appointment with the dentist. And now, I have nice, clean teeth. But the dentist is asking me to extract my wisdom tooth. It will cost $100. No operation needed. Just simple extraction. Sheesh. Money money money.

I feel so relieved now. Done with the medical review and my trip to the dentist. There I did it. I was so skeptical of myself last night before I slept. I told myself I know that I will definitely avoid the dentist or the medical review or maybe even both and just stay home to sleep and slack, since for the next few weeks, there won't be a break for me. I've just proven myself wrong. Accomplishment!

No comments: