Sunday, April 29, 2007

Teaching is my life

Latest update on health status. I am alive and kicking! Back to nearly my full self. Today my piano student, Su Yin gave this card to me. Nevermind that it is not coloured and with grammatical errors, it came from her heart and she's only 6 years old. Even though I only mentioned casually to them last week that I wasn't feeling well and they could help me out by being good students.

Su Yin - 1

Su Yin - 2

She's sweet isn't she?

It's times like this when I know I have entered the right profession. All the late nights, stressfulness and tiredness are forgotten, for that few moments.

I just tuitioned Storm's daughter and she seemed really enthusiastic about me coming over to teach her that I stayed for 2 and a half hours today. Looks like she's opening up to me, which I take it, as a very good sign that students are able to connect with me.

Yesterday, one of the piano student's mum mentioned that she admired me because not only am I teaching in primary schools, I even do it on my days off. Well, people look at how hardworking this is. But they do not know the tiredness I feel. Doesn't really matter, as long as I am enjoying what I do. Teaching yes, but writing lesson plans, no-no.

In short, I love teaching!

No comments: