Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hospitalized!

It's been an awful few days for me. The nightmare started on Thursday, when I wasn't feeling well in school. I had an awfully acute pain on my right side of my body. The pain was so intense, it made me vomit twice. It was so pain, my face turned white. Ridhwan, Wesley, Adrian and Alan had to call a cab into the school compound because I couldn't even support myself and then Ridhwan sent me home. When I reached home, I vomitted and the pain got even worse again and so I had to call laogong. He zoomed to my place and sent me to NUH A&E immediately.

I think the staff there knew I was in such pain that I didn't really have to wait for 3 hours to see the doctor. I was put onto the wheelchair and wheeled into the observation bay. To stop the pain, they injected some painkillers through my butt. Now, that was another gush of pain. Well, it did stop the pain about some 15 minutes later and an hour later, I was cleared to go home without really knowing the cause. They said either it was kidney stones or urine infection. Couldn't do any x-ray then because they didn't have a specialist there.

Rested for the day and although I was given an MC for friday, I went to school because I was really feeling much better. Unfortunately, halfway through the morning, it started to get worse. Left school soon after bell rang and started vomitting quite a few times. No appetite to even eat because everything just came out.

I was supposed to meet laogong for dinner. He fetched me, but then in the car, I puked again and so he rushed me to NUH A&E again. Now, they were finally alarmed. Took a blood test and urine test again. To stop the vomitting, they injected me on my arm. And some 20 minutes down, I still felt dizzy and so the doctor said he's going to ward me overnight.

Stayed at the B2 class. Had x-ray done at 2am! The room that I was in was all old old ladies. I felt so weird. Anyway, at approximately 8.30am, the doctor came in to see me and gave me the all clear. It wasn't kidney stones and so they are treating this as urinary infection. Could finally "check out" at 1pm. They gave me a 16 days hospitalization leave. But knowing me, do you think I could possibly stay home for that 16 days? I'm be going back to work tomorrow!

Maybe it is fatigue that's causing this. Maybe it's my pre-existing illness. I don't know. Feel so down and so much like a burden to all those around me. No words of comfort from my family members. Only from laogong and my dear twinnie. Maybe my parents' way to show their concern is through scolding and nagging, but can't they just understand that this isn't what I want either? I hate the pain. I hate the injections. Sometimes I feel like giving up. Don't know how much longer can I endure these?

I was counting the total number of pricks or injections for the last 3 days. I had 3 on my finger for my sugar level count, 1 on my butt for the painkiller, 1 on my arm for stopping the vomitting, 1 near my elbow for the bloog test and 1 on my hand to put the plug in case of any emergencies. Oh and that doctor who put for me the one on my hand, well, he's a very young doctor. Soft and gentle but he made so much blood drip out from my veins. Not only did my hand have blood, the floor and my slippers got it too. This morning when the nurse removed the plug, she was wiping all the other blood off my hand that wasn't cleared before. Painful and it is bruised now. Arm's aching too from the injection. The one near my elbow was equally bad. That young doctor just poked in without finding the vein. He had to move the needle in my arm to find the vein. I felt so much like murdering him. Can't blame them for giving me all the young doctors. It's NUH. What can I expect right?

Sigh sigh.

No comments: